Not a day goes by that I don't wear my ring. I recall forgetting my ring 2 times out of the 4 years I have had it. But those two times my mind and heart was never not with it, and feeling so guilty not wearing it.
But why do I wear it? I wear it for my parents. They gave it to me and my two other sisters. My parents are so dear to me and they will always be with me to love me, protect me, and guide me no matter what. Some may ask why I wear it on my wedding ring finger? First off that's the only finger it fits on. Second off marriage is a commitment and I will not take just anyone to spend the rest of my life with, but someone I love, cherish, protect, and value as my partner. Until the day that man asks my father to take my hand I will wear this ring. I will value the love my parents give me, the cherish able memories and moments, how they have protected me and shown me to protect myself, and many more values amongst those.
I will not be ashamed in what I believe in but stand firm to what I consider in my life. One day if I have a girl I will give her this same ring. To make her feel loved, cherished, protected by her own parents like I do. I want this ring to be passed down for generations and let the values of life be shared and spread through the family for years and to people in their lives.
To my parents I love you, and thank you for everything that you do for me. You are two amazing people and only dream to share to others what you have taught me in life. I will wear this ring proudly and love you always.


No comments:
Post a Comment