Today working at Harley Davidson I got to chatting with this older man. He was in to just "browse" the store, kill time and drink a cup of coffee.
When first talking to him I could hardly understand him as he tried describing how there was a pursuit with a guy who robber the subway down the road. Not thinking much I returned to folding the shirts as he mingled off to get his coffee and browse. After finishing that batch of shirts I proceeded to talk to this man more. He picked right back up where he had left off prior. Describing that some people can be arrogant ass wholes. That they have to steal and cheat their way through life. As for him he was taught to work hard and earn what he has now days.
While talking to him I learned that his first job was when he was 7. He would take chickens from there dirty coops pit them into a clean coop, than clean that dirty one and the process kept on going. While he grew up he wanted to be a teacher, never accomplished that, but did accomplish retiring as a police officer and worked in a prison in California. He remarried at the age of 50 and is very happy with his wife. The man is now 82 years old and his wife at age 81. While talking about his wife he explained to me that Elian is an artist. She had gotten a scholarship at age 60 and explored to Hungry for painting. The year after on another scholarship she explored Paris. He explained to me that you are never to old to conquer your dreams. This past year his wife has experienced two knee surgeries and is trying recover and is doing quiet well. Even with her stubborn Texan hard head. But this man always loves a challenge even at his age. And we will never get through things and accomplish them if we weaken. We must stay strong and keep proceeding through life.
This man was so great to just listen to today. The different emotions he was feeling came through to his expressions in telling his stories and life lessons. I learned so much about him in just a short period of time. And the fact that he felt comfortable enough to spill so much information and memories on like that to a random girl he met just browsing and having coffee. He taught me today to never weaken or I will fail. I must stay strong adventure through life and always be happy. Thank you to 82 year old Edward. You are a good man and hope to have more talks soon about your life, and life it's self.
No comments:
Post a Comment